Struggling to the finish line

By The Deposed King On Thu Dec 26, 2013, 7:18 pm Comments7

Well its been a while since I posted and update and in honor of it being just after christmas and with the new year advancing upon us and of course in honor of moving to this new blog on my brother's publishing website here you go!

Ashes for Ashes, Blood for Blood. The next Akantha novella is currently running at 44k and I'm hoping for a photo finish by the end of this year and be able to turn over the rough draft. It should end up coming in at 50-60k lenght which is just about the same length as some of these novel length books put out by other authors, although it won't come even close to touching the 170k of Admiral's Revenge :) Still I think there should be less complaints about the size verus the usual $2.99 price.

As for the book all I can say is that we are in the thick of it! Akantha has a name for her pain and it is King James and she is determined to share her pain. While young Tiberius is putting up a spirited defense of the Parliamentary Power. Will Akantha emerge triumphant or have to run home with her tail between her legs. Will the Double-P survive being boarded and fight off these pirate invaders.

Defenders of the Caprian homeworld are about to run head long into the burning outrage of a crew betrayed and a Hold-Mistress enraged. Sparks will fly, ships will burn and before this is over there will be ashes and there will be blood.

With neither side with enough men or firepower in the right place at the right time to run the tables it will all come down to the grit and determination of a handful of ships and men.

Will the fervent followers of One Man One Vote hold strong. Or will the outrage of a Sovereign Individual and her quest for bloody vengeance prove too much to handle. When genetically engineered super freaks run head long into a determined engineering team, fists, blaster bolts and technological wizardry will fly.

The only thing that can be said for sure is that Capria will never be the same again.

The Deposed King

Comments

Can't wait

ooo rah can't wait for this one

By andrew On Thu Dec 26, 2013, 8:58 pm Yep Nope Reply

Ashes for Ashes, Blood for Blood

I am really looking forward to this story; it sounds exciting! If you will be utilizing Beta readers I would like to volunteer again. I wish you a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

Sandra

By Sandra On Mon Dec 30, 2013, 4:48 pm Yep Nope Reply

A Big Thanks

I'm pretty sure we'll be beta'ing Ashes sometime later this month or early next and opening it up to our fans for beta help just like with the others. So keep an eye open!

The Deposed King

By The Deposed King On Wed Jan 1, 2014, 10:44 pm Yep Nope Reply

Your contributions last time around were greatly app

For sure you were one of the most helpful readers for reporting issues. You're welcome to beta read anything on the website that interests you :)

By Caleb On Sun Jan 5, 2014, 8:46 pm Yep Nope Reply

Thanks! I was glad to be of help.

By Sandra On Thu Jan 9, 2014, 12:43 am Yep Nope Reply

Looking forward to it!

Finaly got my internet back up.

Just here letting you know I'm really looking forward to the book and the ones after!

N.1 Euro Fan

By Emil On Fri Jan 10, 2014, 2:45 pm Yep Nope Reply

Sounds Great

The Brother is still working on his book right now, but after that he'll get to Akantha. Right now I'm working on Falon II. After that back to the Admiral!

The Deposed King